Flag the Technology is a field marking program originally developed by personnel at the University of Arkansas and is now a widely accepted practice to reduce the risk of a misapplication. This practice will also make the applicator aware of sensitive crops adjacent to the field being
- Red-signifies conventional varieties with no herbicide technology traits. Extreme Caution
- White-represents Roundup Ready Technology that is tolerant to glyphosate herbicide.
- Bright Green-Indicates the Liberty Link technology. This technology is tolerant to glufosinate (Liberty)herbicide
- Bright Yellow-is the color chosen for Clearfield rice technology and STS soybeans.
- Teal-indicates tolerance to both 2,4-D and FOP (Accase) herbicides or the Enlist technology. For Enlist cotton and soybean fields, a green flag should be added to denote tolerance to glifosinate (Liberty).
- Black-indicates tolerance to dicamba herbicide or Xtend. The black and white checks indicate tolerance to both dicamba and glyphosate (Roundup).A green flag should be added for cotton to denote glufosinate (Liberty) Tolerance.